We got last friday 4 samples of Allwinner A13 ICs and AXP209 and we begin the new board design.
We also got finally the A13 datasheet and there is GREAT news inside it, Allwinner A13 operates in INDUSTRIAL temperature range also, so -25+85C is what this chip can work and there is no problem to be used in INDUSTRIAL applications too.
I worked this weekend for the specifications and this is what I came with:
1. A13 Cortex A8 1Ghz processor
2. 512 MB of DDR3 memory
3. 6-16VDC input power supply
4. 4x USB hosts – one reserved for optional WIFI
5. 1x USB OTG
7. Audio Output
8. Audio Input
9. RTC PCF8536 on board for real time clock and alarms
11. 5x Keys on board for navigation
12. UEXT connector for connecting addtional UEXT modules like Zigbee, Bluetooth, Relays, etc
13. GPIO connector with 68/74 pins and these signals :
- 17 for adding NAND flash
- 22 for connecting LCDs
- 24 GPIOs, 3x I2C; 2x UARTs; 1x SDIO2
- 5 system pins: +5V, +3.3V, GND, RESET, NMI
Another great news which came right on time was that there was leak of A10 Linux 3.0.8 kernel source and Android 4.0 sources http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25978796&postcount=121 where the support for A13 is not cleaned so we have now linux and android 4.0 sources which support A13 processor, so releasing the proper software for A13 will be easier than I though first.