With the Android app he wrote he have access to all features PIC32-PINGUINO offers: Digital output, inputs, Analog inputs etc.
19 Sep 2013 2 Comments
18 Mar 2013 Leave a Comment
Getting the Libraries and Examples
The library/example .zip files for Arduino, Maple and Pinguino can be downloaded from:
Installing the Libraries and examples
For Arduino, use the Fade sketch directly, no additional files or configuration needed.
1. Make sure that the Maple IDE is not running
2. Copy the MODRGB folder to the /libraries folder of your Maple IDE installation folder
3. Start the IDE. The “MODRGB” examples should now appear under File/examples.
4. Include the library in your projects as such:
For Pinguino, use the example directly. It has been tested with PIC32-PINGUINO, PIC32-PINGUINO-OTG, PIC32-PINGUINO-MICRO, PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220
All packages include the same example – Fade.
It uses built-in functons or the MODRGB library to set the RED, GREEN and BLUE values that the MOD-RGB board outputs.
The example fades the lights from blue to red to green to blue again in an endless loop.
If you want to adjust the speed at which the colors change, change the value of the delay period to your liking:
#define SPEED 500
15 Mar 2013 Leave a Comment
PIC32-PINGUINO is arduino like board with 32 bit processor working at 80Mhz and with 256KB of Flash and 32KB of RAM i.e. comparable with hardware capability to the new Arduino Due.
Today at 17.00 o’clock our local Bulgarian time (GMT+2) we will post on Twitter our questions.
You have one hour to reply to our tweet with the correct answer.
At 18.00 o’clock we will count the correct answers and ask random.org to generate random number in range then announce the winner and ship the board by airmail in Monday.
06 Sep 2012 Leave a Comment
MIcrochip direct is the Microchip web shop, it’s nice web site where you can see what stock level Microchip keep from the different PIC microcontrollers they have.
Recently they start selling two of our PIC development boards:
PIC32-PINGUINO-OTG is our popular PIC32 Arduino like board which runs Pinguino.cc IDE
PIC32-MAXI-WEB is development board running Microchips TCP-IP stack and the Microchip Graphics Library.
12 Jul 2012 3 Comments
PIC32-PINGUINO is Arduino like board which works with Pinguino IDE.
Several new demo examples are uploaded on our web https://www.olimex.com/dev/pic32-pinguino-otg.html
1. MOD-GPS demo example with our GPS module
2. MOD-CC2450 demo example with our low energy Bluetooth module (still not released on our web )
3. SHIELD-EKG-EMG demo example how to interface this shield to Pinguino and measure pulse and muscle activity
4. MOD-MP3-X demo example how to play MP3 files with Pinguino
5. Sending and receiving calls and SMS with MOD-GSM and Pinguino
6. Connecting to Bluetooth enabled devices with MOD-BT and Pinguino
7. Interfacing MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR with Pinguino
8. MOD-RTC real time clock interfacing with Pinguino
9. Reading 13.56Mhz RFID tags with Pinguino and MOD-RFID1365-BOX
all examples have readme.txt inside which explains the functionality
26 Apr 2012 15 Comments
STM32-H407 is our new board with STM32F407ZGT6 168Mhz Cortex M4 microcontroller with 1MB of Flash, 192KB RAM.
This is OSHW design and once we validate the design the CAD files will be uploaded on GitHub.
STM32-F407 board have:
- Input DCDC power supply which allow operation from 6-16VDC source
- USB host
- micro SD card
- Reset and User buttons
- Arduino platform
- UEXT connector
- JTAG connector
- 4 full 32-bit Ports with the external memory bus for add-on modules
Here you can see STM32-H407 loaded with SHIELD-EKG/EMG:
After the prototype validation we will move this board for production and it will be available around end of May. The preliminary target release price is EUR 29.95
10 Apr 2012 3 Comments
New demo example is uploaded on PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 web page which demonstrate how to add GSM remote control to Pinguino and place and receive GSM calls.
PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 have UEXT connector which allow MOD-GSM to be connected and easy to add cellular remote control.
The demo code contain PDE sketch which take calls and if the call is from GSM phone which is known toggle the on board LEDs (or if you attach relay can open your garage door for instance). If the on board button is pressed Pinguino will call stored phone number (i.e. panic button, or alarm event).
10 Apr 2012 1 Comment
New demo example is uploaded on PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 web page which demonstrate how to add Bluetooth connectivity to Pinguino and control it with any device with bluetooth.
PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 have UEXT connector which allow MOD-BT to be connected and easy to add bluetooth connectivity.
The demo code contain PDE sketch which pairs to bluetooth device and toggle the on board LEDs when ’1′ and ’2′ characters are received from the bluetooth device.