Instead of hurry to release production run we decided to open the development process to the community early on.
We already made first Revision A prototypes and sent some boards to selected developers who were invited to hack and shape the board software support.
The recap is that board works well with Android 4.0 image which is provided by Allwinner A13-SDK and there is support for:
– USB keyboard
– USB mouse
– 3G modems, we will offer A13-3G low cost approx. EUR 25-35 USB 3G modems later which are compatible with A13-OLinuXino
– 2M pixel Camera, we work on A13-CAM2M add-on board which will be released for about EUR 10
– 7″ LCD with touchscreen panel, which we are going to provide as A13-LCD7 which will cost EUR 45 and A13-LCD7TP which will also have touchscreen panel for EUR 55
– WIFI RTL8188CU , which is assembled on board for A13-OLinuXino-WIFI, but will be also available as USB-RTL8188CU for iMX233-OLinuXino as well
– USB-Ethernet low cost adapter based on QF9700 SoC is tested and works without issues, we still hesitate if we should offer this as it’s already available on ebay at hard to beat $3 price including free shipment🙂
Now it’s time to add mainstream Linux support.
In the new Revision B we fixed some minor bugs we discovered in Revision A and small batch is scheduled for assembling.
If you are interested to be among the first to have A13-OLinuXino please register your interest as at the end of next week we will also begin selling only small batch of Revision B (Developer Edition boards) on our web shop (olimex.com) for members of the community who want to join the development efforts.
As the quantity is limited we will have to restrict the sales only to potential developers, the Developer edition of the board will include NAND flash and WIFI and will be sold for the regular EUR 55 price + as bonus for the developers we will cover free delivery worldwide by DHL/FedEx or TNT (whichever is most economical for destination country).