We received A20-SDK2.0 from Allwinner few weeks ago and were working to generate image for A20-OLinuXino but our aim was to add support to all hardware features the board offers. The process was pretty slow as the compilation is very heavy and even small change requires hours of waiting the image generation to complete.
Now we are ready, the only two features left unsupported are the SATA and second SD-MMC card on the bottom but we think that we should give it a break for a while or our heads will explode 🙂
Two images are uploaded on Wiki: one for 7″LCD and one for 10″LCD, the good news is that the Android 4.2.2 with SDK2.0 now support higher resolution as previous SDK for ICS 4.0.3 had hardcoded 800×600 max resolution which made 10″LCD and HDMI useless.
The image have:
- LCD and HDMI support at same time
- Touchscreen support
- GPIO support – we prepare Android application demo code which show how you can access and use GPIOs under Android
- I2C1 and I2C2 support – we prepare Android application demo code which show how you can access and use I2C under Android
- 100Mbit Ethernet
- USB-Ethernet AX88772
- USB WiFi RTL8188
- Audio Out, Audio In
- USB-OTG device and host with Low/Full/High speed
- USB HOST upper and bottom with Low/Full/High speed
- UART6 and UART7 support on UEXT connectors – we prepare Android application demo code which show how you can access and use UART6,7 under Android