We love to play with Arduino and like it very much but one thing have always bothered us – it’s HUGE.
What you do when you want to make small data logger, RF/Zigbee baecon, sensor network, something wearable etc? use this BRICK? No way.
This is how the idea for OLIMEXINO-NANO came.
We made complete Arduino replacement with size of only 30x30x8 mm
What you see on the pictures above is TOP and BOTTOM view of the OLIMEXINO-NANO.
It have these features:
- ATMega32U4 processor (Leonardo compatible)
- micro USB connector for programming and power supply when debugging
- RESET button
- USER button
- microSD card connector for data logging on SD-card
- UEXT connector for RF, Zigbee, Ethernet, RELAY, RGB LED, etc UEXT modules
- two status LEDs
- Connector 14 pin 0.05″
- Connector 20 pin 0.05″
the connectors allow other boards to stackup like normal Arduino shields.
The first shield we made is with Battery power supply:
On this battery shield there is:
- power ON/OFF switch
- LiPo battery connector for our 1400mA/2200mA/3000mA/4400mA/6600mA batteries
- LiPo charger with three status LEDs
- Li 3V CR3023 battery holder
Here are how NANO and BATTERY shield snap together:
both fit perfectly in this small plastic enclosure:
The next shield was to allow easy connection to Breadboard:
Here is view of BreadBoard shield with Battery shield snap on top:
And here is same with NANO snap on bottom:
and here is side view:
Here is again how NANO looks next to OLIMEXINO-328 (Arduino-2009 clone)
and to cigarette lighter:
As you see above these three boards are the first prototypes which we built, now we will do some testing and run production in November. The prices? They will be very competitive and similar to OLIMEXINO-32U4 which uses same processor.
Another shield we work now on is Bluetooth 4.0 BLE shield which to snap and to allow trouble free connection to iPhone and Android devices