Happy New Year! Perhaps you have already noticed – the new year number is very symmetric in Binary form 11111011111, what does this means? Nobody knows but looks good 🙂
The old 2014 was very busy, exciting, we learned lot of new stuff, released many new boards, participated in many events, I guess 2015 will be same or even better and more dense with interesting events.
In December we ran contest together with Linux-BG.org and here are the winners for December after the online voting.
1st place goes to stealth and he wins iMX233-OLinuXino-MICRO
2nd place is for jet and he wins OLIMEXINO-32U4
3rd place is for lemur and he wins ROBOT-3-WHEEL-KIT
The contest continues in January too with these prizes: SHIELD-LOL-SMT, AVR-T32U4, A20-OLinuXino-LIME, so if you have interesting article, tutorial, news for Linux you can post at Linux-BG.org and participate 🙂 Good Luck!
And to remind you all for the upcoming Intel vs ARM IoT workshop this Saturday in Olimex training building!
Here is the map for these who will come for first time:
- Leon Anavi will compare Intel with ARM
- Dimitar Gamishev will talk how he ripped off Sitara SDK to make it less vendor locked for TI PMU chips for our AM3352-SOM boards.
- There will be talk about Retro Computer PULDIN which is the only patent free, originally designed and produced in Plovdiv 8-bit computer, from the people who designed it 30+ years ago.
- Stefan Mavrudiev will show us how to use ESP8266 to build IoT
- Tsvetan Usunov will talk about designing and producing boards with SMT technology