The development of this board was epic, mostly because of the messed up Linux SDK for Sitara and the absence of any real help neither from TI neither from Beagle Bone community, which do not care for anything but BB🙂 Also the comprehensive and confusing TI documentation.
Finally we have got working clean Linux with cut off vendor locked crap (we don’t say this is done perfectly, probably there are people who can do this better and faster than us), but we wanted to do it the hard way and to learn something meanwhile.
What we have on AM3352-SOM-EVB is:
- AM3352 Sitara running on 1Ghz
- 512MB of DDR3 RAM
- power management without using expensive TI PMU parts
- VGA output
- Dual Ethernet 100Mbit
- 4 USB hosts with power management
- USB OTG
- CAN with driver
- LCD connector where you can connect our LCD-OLinuXino with 4.3″ 7″ and 10″, 15.6″ LCD will not work as it require LVDS which Sitara do not have
- UART console
- 2x UEXT connectors with SPI, I2C and UARTs
- GPIO connector with Analog Inputs, PWMs, GPIOs etc.
all this for EUR 60
For these who want to build their own Sitara boards the AM3352-SOM modules start from EUR 25.90 for 1000 pcs and cost only EUR 27.75 for 100 pcs.
Industrial version of AM3352-SOM can be build on request, it will cost EUR 5.00 more and the minimum order is 100 pcs.