A64-OLinuXino first prototypes were made in March and lot of people wonder why we do not release for mass production this board yet🙂 so we got lot of e-mails and I see there is need for blog post with update.
Here is the recap from the first prototypes:
- RAM memory works at amazing 667Mhz clock much more than A20 and other boards and the board works stabile under stress tests for many hours
- eMMC works fine, we didn’t test NAND Flash due to the missing Linux support probabbly this will stay just as option and we will assembly the boards with eMMC which is faster, better and in industrial temperature
- Linux Kernel is 3.10.65 and works fine, we managed to run all peripherials
- Audio In and Out is working
- HDMI is working
- USB host is working
- USB-OTG is working
- WiFi+BT is working
- MIPI interface – no display which to use to test, any ideas?
- HSIC interface – don’t know how to test, any ideas?
- LiPo charger and step up works
- LCD works
- Ethernet Gigabit interface works just in master mode
While we worked on this board we found new PHY from Microchip which can be ordered in industrial temperature, we tested it with A20 and it works fine (we already have LIME2 version with it which is on prototype), so we decided to re-design the Ethernet part of A64-OLinuXino with it, this will allow us to produce A64-OLinuXino in industrial temperature grade -40+85C.
Another major upgrade for Rev.B is around eMMC interface, we re-designed it as per your feedback to be possible to work on programmable 3.3V and 1.8V thus to allow faster transfers.
Rev.B is routed at 90% we need 1 more week to complete it and run new prototypes. If everything goes smoothly we will be ready by end of the month.