ESP32-EVB revision A was made quick and has too many errors 🙂 some were due to the non very clear documentation, like that we assumed that all ports could have internal pull-ups but when we try to write the software we found that the GPIOs we used for the buttons has no such. Other were done by our engineer negligence.
We had small 100 pcs series from Revision A, but after all issues we encounter just decided to trash it and just move forward to revision B.
Now in Revision B all interfaces are tested and confirmed to work fine 🙂
What we keep:
- Two relays 250VAC/10A
- LiPo charger which allow ESP32 to work without external power supply
- Reset and User button
- micro SD card
- UEXT connector to add temperature, humidity, etc sensors
- GPIO with all signals available on 0.1″ proto friendly step connector
What we add:
- USB connector now is also used for automatic programming of ESP32 so no need for external serial cable, with DTR and RTS bootloader mode is entering automatically
- Ethernet now is correctly wired and works 🙂
- We were surprised to read ESP32 has CAN and we try and it works great, so in the new revision we add CAN driver
- We add Infrared transmitter and receiver, so now you can control all your home appliances with IR control like TVs, VCRs, Air conditioners, and everything else with IR control
What we removed:
- second button, with all above peripherals the ESP32-WROOM-32 module resources are gone, there is no single GPIO unused left
Revision B schematic can be reviewed here . The PCB is now routing.
Color TFT 2.8″ LCD 320×240 pixel display board with UEXT compatible to ESP32-EVB is also coming soon.